M’brother Rafe and I will be talking at RADA next Saturday (9th July) about Open Book Theatre.
The event’s being held under the auspices of the Directors Guild of Great Britain, with support from the Mackintosh Foundation. I believe that DGGB members get first dibs on the tickets, but that any spare ones will be allocated to members of the public.
We’ll be talking about, among other things:
- What is Open Book Theatre?
- Contracts, Unions, and best practice
- Involving cast and crew in the process
- How we raise a production budget
- How we pay investors back with interest
- How profit share works in this system
- The benefits of Open Book to production companies
- Can the model be extended to other applications, like film?
- Reality vs Theory – what we learned, what we plan to do, and expensive lessons we’d like to help you to avoid
So if you’d like to come along, book your free ticket here.